If you received a solicitation in the mail asking you to purchase any type of service or product here are some tips you should follow to avoid a scam:
- Make sure the company is properly registered in the USA, and has been in operation for a while.
- Make sure the company has online credentials and user reviews online.
- Make sure you know what the Terms & Conditions dictate.
- Check the costs and deductible fees.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there has been any compliants filed against the company.
Real estate transactions are public information available at the Town Hall. Some companies use this information to create a solicitation that sounds like a requirement. If you are not sure how to handle a letter from a Home Warranty Company, or any other solicitation, please contact us for assistance.